In 1929, a young man by the name of Henry Mayer came to Wayzata, Minnesota (a western suburb of Minneapolis) from Hudson, Wisconsin. After working for Standard Oil, Henry decided to market products independently.
He started his own company, H.C. Mayer Sons, Inc. “The Home of Friendly Service” provided heating oil and related products to residential/commercial customers in the Lake Minnetonka and surrounding western suburban areas of Minneapolis, Minnesota. He acquired a small chain of service stations and carried Deep Rock Oil & Gas products, and later Kerr-McGee and Amoco.
In 1970, one of Henry’s sons David, changed the company’s name to Mayer Distributing and expanded the company with locations serving parts of western Wisconsin and southern Minnesota.